Tourism is mostly attached to entertainment in our minds, however, it’s not always the case.
Besides going through an adventure which can be very entertaining, you may also seek treatment.
Matter fact therapeutic tourism is pretty much famous and has a dedicated segment of tourists too.
Types of therapeutic tourism?
Mineral and sulfur water eyes
For the treatment of chronic pain and fatigue.
The beaches of the sea and its sands
The treatment is a way of supplying the body with minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
Helping the patient to complete the recovery.
Care homes, for the elderly
Providing care for the elderly.
Why resorts offer therapeutic tourism?
- Searching for alternative treatment is not available in the tourist’s home.
- The cost of treatment in the tourists home is very expensive so they seek other places with low cost
- Patients of poor countries who do not have treatment for their diseases in their countries, they may go to other countries for treatment.
Which Countries are famous for therapeutic tourism?
Known for the treatment of virus C.
Reaching 95% cure for virus C in Egypt from 2016 to 2017 and it is the highest global treatment success rate.
The number of people who have recovered in Egypt from C virus is around 9 million.
The cost of treatment for virus C in Egypt is less than 1% of its global price.
It is famous for the treatment of the disease of bone, skin, and Ophthalmology.
The number of tourists seeking treatment in Dubai reached 326,649 tourist arrivals in 2016 with a growth rate of 9.5% compared to 2015.
Medical tourism in Dubai has reached about $ 381 million in 2016
3- United States
It is visited by 600,000 to 800,000 tourists annually for treatment because it has the best hospitals in the world.
It is famous for its therapeutic tourism because of its sand and its ability to treat bone diseases.
It is famous for the treatment of heart disease and organs transplantation.
It is famous for treating fertility diseases, bone diseases, heart, and organ transplantation.
It is visited by more than 250,000 tourists annually.
Famous for plastic surgery.
It is visited by more than 140,000 patients annually from Arab countries.
It is famous for the treatment of dental diseases and cosmetic surgery.
Which is visited by more than 200,000 million tourists annually.
It is famous for surgical procedures and also cheap cost.
It is visited by more than 670,000 tourists, including 80% of Indonesians.
Famous for cosmetic surgery.
Why are these countries interested in therapeutic tourism?
- Trading their couture with the world
- Increasing the number of tourists in the different fields of tourism such as leisure, religious and archaeological.
- Medical tourism results in the economic cooperation between countries and increase the volume of work between them.
- Increasing employment opportunities for citizens and reducing unemployment.